You are currently browsing the category archive for the ‘Egg Transfer’ category.

abdominal_pain061

So, I went to work Monday and left by 11AM because I could barely walk.  It got to the point where I thought this was going to last at least a week or so which is why I took today off as well.  I am happy to report that I feel SO much better now.  Granted, the bloat is still here a little and the pressure has not really relented, but the pain and cramping that was keeping me from standing up straight has mostly passed.  I am SOOOO relieved.

Now, I kicked myself today to Chris about how maybe I made the the wrong decision on Sunday and maybe I should have transferred which he batted down quickly.  I just needed to hear that I made the right choice now that I feel better.

You want to talk about OHSS?  amirini24 has a vlog entry that bravely sums it up.

Advertisements

Sad

Woke up this morning with pain and pressure and knowledge that this transfer was not going to happen today.  I had a full bladder for the ultrasound, so the car ride into the city was torture with each and every bump.  Once we walked into the clinic, nurse looked at me and her face just dropped.  Usually women arrive for their transfer excited and relieved to finally be at that stage of the IVF process, but today I was just worried and in pain, and she saw it clear as day.

I explained my situation and they did and ultrasound to see if there was any fluid in the abdominal cavity or uterus, which there was none.  We discussed options with Dr. C who is just wonderful.  We have not doubted his council or expertise once throughout this whole process and today was just another one of those days that confirmed our choice of RE as a stellar one.  Basically, out of the seven fertilized eggs, three are 8 cell, two are 6 and two are 4-5 cell.  Dr. C was thrilled to see what good quality they were and advised the option to freeze and do a FET in July.  This will allow me time to recover from what feels like OHSS and (as I like to call it) prep the landing pad of my uterus for those snowbabies in July.

The obvious risk here is to do the transfer today.  If I get pregnant there is a more than likely risk I would have a more severe stage of OHSS which could mean a trip to the emergency room or possible loss of pregnancy.  Being that both my ovaries are big right now (one being so big it’s nestled right on top of my uterus) any more growth would be disastrous.

So….

The bad —- the fact that we will have to wait, that I am in pain now, that our chances for pregnancy with an FET is diminished by 3-4%.

The good —- that I get some pain meds for the pain (oh, Liza!), that I will have recovery time, that I don’t have to worry when I am home for vacation about drinking wine or lifting my nephews/nieces, that I can be in the best possible shape for those embies to be put inside me.

This hasn’t been a pleasant few days since retrieval comfortwise but somehow I knew deep inside that our patience would be tested again.  We will continue with the PIO shots for 10 days and once I get my period I start BCP’s and will call the clinic.  All in all we are trying to look at the upside of all this and keep on keepin’ on.

Cyclesista

Email Me

twelvegrapesblog@gmail.com

Enter your email address to subscribe to this blog and receive notifications of new posts by email.

Join 11 other followers

What/When/Where

September 2019
M T W T F S S
« Jun    
 1
2345678
9101112131415
16171819202122
23242526272829
30  

Categories

Previous Entries

Inspire health and wellness support groups
Advertisements